Contact Us & Links
Visit us at:
Hennepin Overland Railway Historical Society
2501 East 38th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55406
24 hour information line: (612) 276-9034
Please click here to contact a member for more information!
Please Visit these Friends of the Hennepin-Overland:
- Twin Cities Division, Thousand Lakes Region, National Model Railroad Association
- The Twin Cities Division (TCD) of the National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) helps model railroaders like you meet others who share your same interests. In addition to regular meetings, the Division conducts Clinics that educate the community on the history of railroads and enjoying the hobby of model railroading.
- The Standish - Ericsson Neighborhood Association ("SENA")
- The Standish-Ericsson Neighborhood Association (SENA) is a volunteer-based, non-profit organization dedicated to sustaining and improving the Standish and Ericsson neighborhoods of Minneapolis, Minnesota. The organization operates to inform and involve the citizens, and to develop the processes to promote the quality of life in our neighborhoods.
- Minnesota Transportation Museum
- Built in 1907 by the Empire Builder, James J. Hill, and his Great Northern Railway, the historic Jackson Street Roundhouse, a former steam engine maintenance facility, provides a unique opportunity for kids of all ages to experience transportation history in the Twin Cities and Upper Midwest.
- Lake Superior Railroad Museum
- Housed in Duluth, Minnesota's Historic Union Depot, the Lake Superior Railroad Museum works in conjunction with the North Shore Scenic Railroad to offer one of the richest historic experiences in railroading available anywhere. Along with the trains on display inside the museum is Depot Square, a 3/4 scale recreation of Duluth's downtown in 1910. Their collection of railroad equipment is the finest in the midwest, featuring steam, diesel and electric locomotives, passenger cars, freight cars, dining cars and specialty equipment used by logging and mining industries.
- Lakes & Pines Division of the Train Collectors Association
- The Train Collectors Association operates under the mission to preserve an important segment of history - Tinplate Toy Trains - through research, education, community outreach, fellowship, establishment of collecting standards, and to promote the growth and enjoyment of the hobby. The Lakes and Pines Division covers the geographical areas of Minnesota, Western Wisconsin, and the Dakota's.
Other Railroad Clubs We Support
- The Twin City Model Railroad Musuem ("The Bandana Square Club") -St. Paul, MN
- The Twin City Model Railroad Museum is an exquisitely detailed model panorama of railroads of the Twin Cities during the 1930′s, 1940′s and 1950′s.
- University of Minnesota Model Railroad Club -Minneapolis, MN
- The official Railroad Club at the University of Minnesota, the only group in Minnesota for college student railfans! The club welcomes all current and former students, U staff/faculty, as well as community members!
- Minnesota Free-mo Modelers
- The Minnesota Free-Mo Modelers are model railroad enthusiasts who construct, operate and display HO & N scale modular model railroads at different locations in the Twin Cities, Minnesota area. Modules conform to the Free-mo standard, which are free to take on many shapes and sizes but use electrical and mechanical standards that allow any Free-mo module to mate with any other Free-mo module.
- Greater East Area Model RR Club -Newport, MN
- The Greater East Area Model Railroad Club of Newport or more simply known as the "Newport Club" was formed to build and operate a model railroad based on a midwest prototype railroad, for historical, educational, public and member enjoyment.
- Northern Trackers -Crosslake, MN
- The Northern Minnesota Railroad Heritage Association and its members are dedicated to discovering, preserving and presenting the heritage of the railroad industry in northern Minnesota.
- Great River Valley System N-Scalers
- The Great River Valley System N-Scalers is a primarily modular N scale club that utilizes both the N-Track and T-Trak standards to put on two dedicated shows a year as well as exhibiting regularily.
- Amherst Railway Society
- West Central Model Railroad Club -Sparta, WI
- Scale Model Supplies -St. Paul, MN
- 458 Lexington Parkway, St. Paul, MN 55104-4609
- Hub Hobby -Richfield, MN & Little Canada, MN
- 82 Minnesota Ave, Little Canada, MN 55117 & 6410 Penn Ave S, Richfield, MN 55423
- Beckers Model Railroad Supply -New Brighton, MN
- 2166 Silver Lake Road NW, New Brighton, MN 55112
Manufacturers We Support